SWABS & MEDICAL APPLICATORS
Ilpra SPA also owns Strema Packaging Machinery which is a factory based in North East Italy thus furthermore extending our range of machinery. Strema packaging machinery was founded in 1989 with the scope of providing the highest of standard packaging machinery in the personal care products sector. Machinery from Strema is available through Ilpra Systems UK ltd. with local sales and after service support.
Strema packaging machinery offers machinery focused on double-tipped ear-cleaning adult & baby (safety) swabs (also known as Q-tips), cosmetic swabs for the use of make-up removal, dry or moistened single-tipped medical applicators, industrial swabs and many more. The tips can be made of 100% cotton or 100% synthetic or mixed fibres. Pads are available in dry or wet round shapes as well as oval, square or rectangular shapes for either cosmetic, medical or sanitary use. Strema have recently developed an alternative using paper sticks instead of plastic for a more ‘environmentally friendly option’ and this paper sticks machinery is also available for swabs, lollipops, sucker sticks, party sticks, candy floss, ice lollies etc. All Strema packaging machinery is available with end of line packaging solutions afterwards.
BC09 - PAPER STICK MANUFACTURING MACHINE
The BC09 is a paper stick manufacturing machine entirely automatic.
It can produce paper sticks of different diameters and different lengths. The paper used can be white, coloured or customized with decorations or logos.
The sticks produced by the BC09 are used in different industries: healthcare, cosmetics and medical for the manufacturing of ear-cleaning swabs, cosmetics swabs or medical applicators and also in confectionery industry for manufacturing lollipops, sucker sticks and party sticks.
CF1 - COTTON SWAB MANUFACTURING MACHINE
CF1 is a cotton swabs manufacturing machine with pre-packaging unit
APPLICATIONS IT CAN BE USED FOR:
- Adult Hygienic Ear-cleaning Cotton Swabs
- Baby Hygienic Ear-cleaning Cotton Swabs (Safety type)
- Cosmetic Swabs for Make-up Removal
- Medical Applicators (i.e. Microbiological Swabs)
- Healthcare check Medical Applicators (by Aluminium Stick)
- Swabs for Cleaning Electronic devices.
- Other industrial types
Output: Models vary between 200 to 3000 pieces/minute
RAW MATERIALS UTILISED:
- 100% Natural Fibres, Cotton, Rayon or Alginate
- 100% Synthetic Fibres (i.e. Dacron)
- Mixed Fibres (Natural and/or Synthetic)
- Polypropylene, Polystyrene, Paper, Wooden, Bamboo, Aluminium Sticks
- Fixing solutions (Binders)
PACKAGING MACHINES AVAILABLE TO LINK TO CF1 MACHINE (SIMPLE + FULLY AUTOMATED OPTIONS):
- CD– Packaging system in plastic or paper cylindrical containers and square or rectangular boxes, blisters, plastic foil bags and paper bags
- CB90– Fully automatic machine for packaging in plastic or paper cylindrical containers
- CB90US– Fully automatic machine for packaging in plastic or paper cylindrical containers fitted with de-nesting unit
- SQ97– Fully automatic machine for packaging in plastic square or rectangular boxes
- CB12– Fully automatic machine for packaging in blister packs
- ZB40– Semi-automatic machine for packaging in polyethylene zip-lock foil bags
- ZB40TW– Semi-automatic machine for packaging in polyethylene simple sealing, zip-lock and drawstring foil bags
- ZB40AT20– Fully automatic machine for packaging in polyethylene simple sealing, zip-lock and drawstring foil bags
- SC-03– Fully automatic machine for packaging in carton boxes/cases
- Customizations (upon request)
- Tip fusing unit for polypropylene sticks
- Tip gluing unit for paper, polystyrene and wooden sticks
- Detector of missing sticks on the conveyor chain
- Device for alternating the number of swabs per layer
- Device for remote diagnosis via modem
- Timed flapping device for the stick feeder’s sides
- Mirror machine layout (for using one single operator monitoring 2 machines simultaneously)
- Quality control : Detecting device of one or more defective swabs and rejection of the set of swabs forming the dropping layer
- Quality control : Detecting and Rejecting device of each single defective swab
- Kit of recommended spare parts